Tôi nghĩ là tôi đã may mắn học được từ một người thầy cách viết essay để thi toefl rất giản dị, dễ hiểu. Sau đây tôi muốn chia sẽ cùng các bạn. Trước hết bạn cần nắm vững (thuộc lòng) cái format của một bài essay.
Format of an esay.
Introduction (Try going from general to specific)
- The hook/opening statement: a general sentence in the present tense; it can be a question.
- Background information or details or explanations: something to support or something related to the hook.
-Thesis statement: Your opinion/position regarding the topic.
- Forecasting/Mapping/Road map: name (usually) 3 reasons/details/points to support your discussion in the body. In other words, say 3 things that you're going to dícuss in the following.
- Topic statement for the first reason/detail/point.
- Details or explanations or reasons to support the just-mentioned statement (1st reason/).
- Give an example.
- Concluding comment.
Repeat the same format for the other two paragraphs - 2nd and 3rd reasons.
Conclusion (Try going from specific to general)
- Re-state your thesis sentence.
- Briefly rewrite how you support your thesis - repeat your 3 reasons/.
- Draw a general conclusion. In some cases, it can be a question.
- Make a suggestion/prediction/recommendation or call for action (challenge the reader, give the reader something to think about, look into the future - this shows your critical thinking abilities).
Tôi xin đăng luôn một bài essay (của tôi) làm ví dụ cụ thể, để một số bạn có thể nắm rõ hơn, để các bạn có thể dễ dàng nhận ra từng câu có những nhiệm vụ riêng biệt của nó trong cái format.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
there is too much violence in movies. Give specific reasons and examples to support your response.
Watching movies is good entertainment. At the same time, a movie might cause a big effect on the way we live and think. However, there is too much violence in movies is what concerns me, because it happens almost everywhere, in fiction, science fiction and even in children's movies.
Violence in fiction movies is very popular, for example, in "the lord of the ring," there are all kinds of hideous creatures living on earth: horbits, saints, oar and human. They fight with each other constantly. Therefore, violence in fiction movies is true.
In science fiction movies, violence is one of the most important factor to attract viewers. Movies such as "Terminator 1, "Terminator 2," and "Star War," all carries a lot of violent scenes. Some people even argue that they prefer to see a full of violent actions without caring much about the educating factor.
Nowadays, we can also find a lot of violence in children's movies. Harry Potter's series is a good example, which could be considered a shameful, unsuitable and un-educated movies for children, just about 2 decades ago.
In conclusion, I found that there is too much violence in movies and it is present in all kinds of movies: children's, fiction and non-fiction. I think that the main culprit of too much violence in movie is the advantage of computer technology. No doubt, it's more interesting to watch a violent scene than dull one, but it might encourage young people to act aggressively.
Thường thường introduction có 3 đến 5 câu. The hook và background info/ hay Thesis statement và mapping, vv, có thể nằm chung trong một câu. Dĩ nhiên là thứ tự có thể thay đổi, tùy theo tình huống/ cách trình bày riêng của mỗi người. Body phải có 3 paragraph riêng biệt cho 3 reasons/.
Một Cách Viết Essay Đơn Giản
No replies to this topic
2 người đang xem chủ đề này
0 thành viên, 2 khách, 0 ẩn danh